A reference to “TACTQ,” “we,” “us,” “our,” or the “Company” is a reference to TACTQ.
This privacy notice explains how we collect, share and protect business information.
What information we Gather?
TACTQ collects information on businesses and business professionals. We collect information offline from business owners and principals, from businesses' creditors, vendors, third parties and suppliers, and from public records such as business registrations, Uniform Commercial Code filings and bankruptcy filings. The business information that we collect includes the following:
Company and business professional information, including business contact information such as name, title, address, phone number, fax number, and e-mail address, domain names, and trade associations
Detailed company profiles and statistics, including number of employees;
Background information regarding company management, such as beneficial ownership/persons of significant control, the educational and career histories of company principals;
Company operational histories, including territories, subsidiaries, affiliates, and lines of business;
Detailed trade and business credit information, including payment histories and patterns;
Summary business information regarding profitability, debts, assets, net worth, and business relationships;
Business compliance information from public source government and professional records, media and business publications
Educational institutional profiles and statistics, including educational subject matter specialties and number of employees
Background information regarding educational institutional management, such as the educational and career histories of school deans and principals
IP addresses, geo-location, and comments on social media are collected and aggregated and used to analyze trends regarding Dun & Bradstreet products and services.
Credit/debit card information in order to process certain customer payments.
Personal Information You Provide Through Websites:
Includes name, address, telephone number, social media handle, email address, employer, and job title. We collect personal information from website visitors and when you purchase products and services through our website. We collect demographic information including your country and size of your company.
Personal Data we collect from other sources
We may also collect information about you from other sources, including third parties from whom we have purchased Personal Data, and combine this information with Personal Data provided by you. This helps us to update, expand and analyze our records; identify new customers, and create more tailored advertising to provide services that may be of interest to you. In particular, we collect Personal Data from the following sources:
- Business contact information, including mailing address, job title, email address, phone number, ‘intent data’ which is web user behavior data, IP addresses, social handles, LinkedIn URL and custom profiles from third party data providers for the purposes of targeted advertising, delivering relevant email content, event promotion and profiling;
How Do We Use and Share Information?
We may share your Personal Data with the following recipients:
- Our contracted service providers which provide services such as IT and system administration and hosting, credit card processing, research and analytics, marketing, customer support and data enrichment; such service providers comprise companies located in the countries in which we operate.
- If you use our websites to register for an event or webinar organized by a one of our affiliates, we may share your Personal Data with the affiliate to the extent this is required on the basis of the contract with you to process your registration and ensure your participation in the event; in such case, our affiliate will process the relevant Personal Data as a separate controller and will provide you with further information on the processing of your Personal Data, where required.
- If you attend an event or webinar organized by us, we may share your information with sponsors of the event if: (1) you consent to such sharing via an event registration form; or (2) you allow your attendee badge to be scanned at a sponsor booth. In that event, your information will be subject to the business partners’ respective privacy statements. If you do not wish for your information to be shared, you may choose not to opt-in via event registration or elect not to have your badge scanned at our events;
- With third–party social networks, advertising networks and websites, which usually act as separate controllers, so that TACTQ can market and advertise on third party platforms and websites;
- Specifically in relation to the AppExchange website, information we collect from you may be sent to our third party partners who may contact you regarding their products or services;
- In individual cases we may also share Personal Data with professional advisers acting as processors or joint controllers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers based in countries in which we operate who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services;
- We may also share your Personal Data with other affiliates within the TACTQ corporate group to the extent this is necessary to fulfill a request you have submitted via our websites, or for customer support, marketing, technical operations and account management purposes.
- If we are involved in a merger or reorganization, sell a website or business unit, or if all or a portion of our business, assets or stock are acquired by another company, we may transfer some or all of your Personal Data to such third party. In accordance with applicable laws, we will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such transfer of Personal Data to an unaffiliated third party as processing of your Personal Data will be required for the purposes set out in "Purposes for which we process Personal Data and on which legal bases" section above.
- Any Personal Data or other information you choose to submit in communities, forums, blogs, or chat rooms on our websites may be read, collected, and/or used by others who visit these forums, depending on your account settings.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer's hard drive and that often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a website, that website's computer asks your computer for permission to store this text file in a section of your hard drive that is specifically designated for cookies. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it. Your browser will only permit a website to access the cookies that it has previously sent to you and not the cookies sent to you by other websites
For new visitors, we use first party cookies or Web beacons (placed on your browser by Dun & Bradstreet) to collect limited data, such as the date, time, and areas of our website that are visited, as well as the website from which the new visitor came. We may use IP addresses to derive certain other information concerning businesses visiting our websites as described in this policy, but we do not analyze this information in a way which would reveal the identity of the individual browsing our websites. When you select one of our products or services, register for a newsletter or e-mail alert, fill out an online form, or complete a survey, we may try to identify your browser and we may combine information from cookies, Web beacons, code and other information collected online with other data that we maintain about you. By improving the features, marketing, and content of our website and by making your online experience more convenient and meaningful, we are able to better serve our customers' needs.
We may use local shared objects, also known as Flash cookies, to display content based upon what you view on our site to personalize your visit. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount of, type of, and how Data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash cookies.
We and our partners use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit the TCATQ website, this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device. We also use these technologies to collect and store information when you interact with services we offer to our partners, such as advertising services or analytics. All of those processes are meant to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services.
Our Web pages contain electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our site is used and may be used in some of our emails to let us know which emails and links have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our customer communications and marketing campaigns.
We take precautions including organizational, technical, and physical measures, to help safeguard against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, the Personal Data we process or use.
While we follow generally accepted standards to protect Personal Data, no method of storage or transmission is 100% secure. You are solely responsible for protecting your password, limiting access to your devices, and signing out of websites after your sessions. If you have any questions about the security of our websites, please contact us via the “Contacting Us” section below.
Privacy Shield Frameworks
For information received under the Privacy Shield, TACTQ will require third parties to whom TACTQ discloses personal information to safeguard that personal information consistent with this Policy by contract, obligating those third parties to provide at least the same level of protection as is required by the Privacy Shield Principles. EU citizens may choose to opt-out of such disclosures.
TACTQ further has committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the EU-US Privacy Shield Principles to JAMS (Judicial Arbitration & Mediation Services), an independent alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States and recognized for this purpose by the US Department of Commerce. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield for more information, and to file a complaint.
The Federal Trade Commission has enforcement authority regarding TACTQ’s compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law permits you to request certain information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by us to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send your request, by mail or email, to the address at the end of this policy.
Protecting Children’s Privacy
Our Services are for a general audience. We do not knowingly collect, use, or share information that could reasonably be used to identify children under age 18 without prior parental consent or consistent with applicable law.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We will update this Privacy Statement from time to time to reflect changes in our practices, technology, legal requirements and other factors. If we do, we will update the “effective date” at the top of this Privacy Statement. If we make an update, we may provide you with notice prior to the update taking effect, such as by posting a conspicuous notice on our website or by contacting you using the email address you provided.
We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Statement to stay informed about our collection, processing and sharing of your Personal Data.