Importance of Data Visualization
In this fast-moving Big Data era, the world creates over 2.5 quintillion bytes of data every day and it's becoming crucial to organize, clean, analyze, and visualize this data to gain the ultimate business advantage. Data allows us to innovate and navigate towards better decisions also gives increasing accountability within the development sphere and adding a visualization touch to data makes it more understandable.
Visualization is a key tool to make sense of these data as it tells a story by removing the noise from data and highlighting useful information. That's why data visualization is earning dominant traction in the business and tech world.
Data Visualization is the visual representation of data in graphical and pictorial form, it ranges from simple static graphs/charts to complex interactives. These visual representations make humans understand complex data more effectively and it's an essential aspect for data scientists as it helps them to understand data before they start modeling.
It is important to implement data visualization in the key areas of business, as it promotes improved absorption of business information and allows enterprises to represent the extracted insights in forms that can be understood by all associates involved in the business. Visualization helps to know the hard numbers easily in simpler charts and graphs by enhancing the accessibility of data by changing its form data from raw, unprocessed, discrete packets into key patterns and relationships.
Various data visualization tools allow one to represent valuable business findings through a series of graphical forms by encapsulating complex information on operational and market conditions. The few best and widely used tools are Tableau, Looker, Zoho Analytics, IBM Cognos Analytics, Domo, and various others.
Here we have listed a few importances of Data Visualization that explain how they help to communicate business insights and capture customers' attention.
- It puts information into context by placing isolated pieces of information into a bigger context to make it more understandable
- It reveals trends and patterns hiding within the Big Data, as each day organizations obtain a large volume of data in their operational system.
- It empowers the narrative by making the content more interesting for all kinds of users through images, interactive media, and animation.
- It saves the reader's time by simplifying and consolidating a big volume of data in a piece of visual content that can be seen in less than a minute.
- It is metaphoric and explains the process through bite-sized pieces of information, symbols, signs, and comparisons that are easily absorbable and understandable by users.
- It stimulates the user's imagination by allowing them to think about different hypothetical possibilities and unexpected situations.
These key aspects of Data visualization enable business owners and decision-makers to analyze critical business metrics, identify meaningful and valuable connections between multi-dimensional data sets and accordingly give an idea on how to maximize gains and boost customer satisfaction. In simpler terms, data visualization is the key to success in the business world, if you leverage the right visualization techniques, you are all set to obtain the benefits and transformative power of Big Data.